Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Integrity (Personal Progress Integrity Goal #4)

I really like what the second definition in my dictionary of integrity is. It defines integrity as "the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished." That is what integrity does for you. When you are dishonest or unfaithful to the morals of the Church you lose some of yourself. You become less than you were before. Integrity is about maintaining your wholeness of self, all that your Father sees and wants you to be. Your full pontential untarnished and shining bright through what you use to help define yourself as a daughter of God. This is integrity. It is being true to the divine potential within you and keeping yourself undiminished as one who is worthy to receive that inheritence.

Ways to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong
  • I think it is fairly simple. I know what is right. I know what is wrong. I must stick to those
  • Avoid deception in any way, shape, or form, whether it be lying, or simply giving a false impression. I lie too often in jest, and it needs to stop before I become too comfortable with it. I will tell the truth.
  • Remember at all times the divine potential of those around me and keep charity in my heart. They are my brothers and my sisters, people I should be doing all I can for to build up and raise up to our Father.
  • Do what is right. It is that simple. Do not do what is wrong.

I know what is right. I know my Father has set up these truths of what is good and bad to help me achieve a state of mind and soul that will allow me to become what He wishes me to become, as He is, with an endless and eternally beautiful future before me that is beyond anything I can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment